1. Can I use the computers if I'm not an SCSU student or employee?In order to use a computer in the library, community patrons need to obtain a Community Patron UserID. To get your UserID, go to Second Floor East Computer Lab Consultant Information Desk and fill out a Request Form with a valid government issued ID with a photo.
2. How can I find open computers on campus?The large LCD screen in the foyer of the library has a display that tells you what computers are available in the library or check Lab Seats.
3. How do I access wireless services?The HuskyNet Wireless Network covers every building on campus, including residence halls. A valid StarID is required to access the Internet and SCSU network.
Short-term guests can gain temporary access to the Internet via SCSU's wireless network. Guests must have an employee or student of SCSU sponsor their connection.
4. How do I print double or two-sided pages?Two-sided (duplex) printing is now the default in most General Access Labs on campus. You still have the option of one-sided printing in all of these labs.
5. How do I print multiple PowerPoint slides on a page from D2L?To print multiple slides on one page from D2L, you have to save the file into your Filespace or onto the desktop. (Click Save in dialogue box). Then, open up your file in PowerPoint, and select File>Print. Use the printer settings menu to choose how your file will be printed.
6. How do I print PowerPoint slides?To print multiple slides on one sheet, go to File>Print. Then use the "Settings" menu to select the format in which you would like them to be printed:
7. What software is available on campus computers?Your StarID gives you access to more than 75 software programs and plug-ins available on computers in St. Cloud State’s General Access Labs and Miller Center public computing areas.
8. Where are Mac computers available in the library?Macintosh computers are available in the Second Floor East computer lab.
9. Where can I check out a laptop?The Circulation Desk on the First Floor of the library has laptops available for one-day or seven-day checkout for students. All laptops are first come, first served but students can put their names on a waiting list for the seven-day laptops.
Contact the Circulation Desk at (320)308-3083 or stop by.
10. Where can I find a scanner?Scanners are available in the Second Floor East computer lab.
A BookScan station is located across from the Circulation Desk on the first floor. Users have the option of choosing either a flatbed or a sheetfed scanner and can save the newly created file to a USB drive or send it to an email address, Google account, or smartphone/tablet.
11. Where can I get help with logging in or Star ID?In order to access St. Cloud State University Online Services, all students, faculty and staff must activate their StarID.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact HuskyTech at firstname.lastname@example.org or (320)308-7000.