How long does it take to receive a journal article or book on Interlibrary Loan from another library?
1. How do I access and search video content online?The Library has access to over 13,000 streaming videos from the Films on Demand platform. You can access the database directly from the Films on Demand link in the Library’s Databases A-Z.
2. How do I access the library's databases and online journals from off campus?Library Access from Off-Campus
You may access library resources, including full-text journals, streaming media, and online books, from anywhere and at any time.
Requirements for off-campus access:
- You must be a current student, faculty member, or staff member at St. Cloud State University.
- You must use your StarID and password to login for off-campus access.
3. How do I find a thesis online?To locate a thesis or dissertation online, use the WorldCat database. Type in your search, include the term “dissertation” or “thesis” and limit the type to Internet Resources as shown below:
In LibSearch, include the term thesis or dissertation in your search. You can limit your results by using the Resource Types facet in the left-hand column.
4. How do I log into my library account?From the Books and More Catalog link on the Library homepage, click on the "My Account" link from the upper right corner.
Type in your library barcode (usually the 14-digit number from your Campus ID card) and your password (usually your last name).
By logging into My Account, you can view your Favorites, Tagged Items, and view your Checked Out materials. You can also view any fines you may have accrued, and you can manage your Interlibrary Loan requests.
5. How long does it take to receive a journal article or book on Interlibrary Loan from another library?If another local public or academic library has the book or journal you need, the fastest way to get it is to go to the library. Your SCSU ID can be used to check out books at the College of St. Benedict and St. John’s University.
Articles take anywhere from two days to more than 10 days, depending on how obscure the item is and how many libraries own the journal title. Books take anywhere from three days to three weeks, for the same reasons. More information about Interlibrary Loan.
6. Where can I get help troubleshooting my database access?Off campus access is provided through the Library's Proxy Service. Try our basic instructions if you have questions about how to access this service.
Contact HuskyTech at (320)308-7000 or email@example.com for:
- Problems connecting to a library database, an electronic journal, or an electronic book
- Prompts for logons other than your StarID and password
- Assistance with creating direct links to full-text articles (i.e. for syllabi)
7. Where can I get help with logging in or Star ID?In order to access St. Cloud State University Online Services, all students, faculty and staff must activate their StarID.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact HuskyTech at firstname.lastname@example.org or (320)308-7000.
8. Which resources are included in Credo Reference?Credo Reference offers over 3,000,000 reference entries
from all the major academic subject areas and is a great
starting point for your research.
You can see which resources are included in this database in the Credo Reference Find a Book option.